Neither one of us are huge Vegas fans and we don't know the strip very well. So it took us a little over an hour to find the blasted hotel. Well the show was absolutely amazing!!! I have never seen Phantom so I was excited for this experience. They used the stage so well. The technical side of the show was just fabulous. I was very impressed and would recommend going and seeing it to you all. So if you are ever in the area it is a MUST see!! Because neither of us are huge Vegas fans it was a get in and get out kind of thing. We walked out of the hotel just to say we did. LOL
So it was a late night drive home. A couple of times I questioned whether we were going to make it. You know all the techniques to stay awake... we were doing them all! No worries we did make it home safely!
Well back to the funeral.... it was a good funeral. One thing that struck me as we were listening to the speakers was just how empty the service was. They are not members of the LDS church and there beliefs were very much different then what we believe. Watching the family really broke my heart. I wanted to provide them the comfort that we have that we know we will see our family members again and that there is life after death. Who knows maybe one day I can bring that up...
It really made me think because she passed away so unexpectedly, and it made me realize that you just never know when your time to go is going to come. Am I ready to pass on and meet the Savior? Am I the sister, daughter, friend, and coworker that I need to be? Am I really living up to my potential? It is sad to say that it took something like this for me to reevaluate my life. So for all of you out there, it is definately a question we should all think about and evaluate in our lives. Sorry to make this so sappy but those are my thoughts for the day!



6 comments:
hi tianne, i just saw your blog on jenny's and i thought that i would say "hi" and hope that you are doing well..it's been forever!!!
Hey Ti - I'm jealous. That sounds so fun. I would have loved to go....maybe next time. LOL Miss you tons and love ya lots.
Keri
k phantom is amazing! I would see it like 10 more times if I could afford it. And what is up with everyone dying lately! I know of 3 poeple who passed in like 1 week of each other, all young and not really ready at all to go.. but the lord works in mysterious ways as we should say.. (sigh)
That is cool about the phantom. I have never been. You had some good questions to think about death. Thanks for the blog.
I love the Phantom - my aunt took me when it was here in SLC. And on a more serious note, thanks for the reminder that I need to be living the life I know I should and want to be.
Are you crazy, I just saw that you posted on mine time to have another one. My hands are tied now I can't even imagine. It is like saying the next guy you talk to you should marry. You are so funny!
Post a Comment