Monday, August 4, 2008

Update from the last month :)

So I am not very good at this blogger stuff, but this one is for you Melissa!!! It has been a crazy month in my life. The month started out very calm and peaceful, That should have been my first clue. The middle of July I went to keystone colorado to a work conference. It was amazing! The conference was all about diabetes in children and new things on the horizon in diabetes management. The plane ride there was very eventful. It was a pretty bumpy ride and my coworker thought she was tough and didn't take any dramamine well she ended up with her breakfast in one of those "embarrassing bags" but not only that she also ended up with it all down her front. I was so embarrassed for her. She was good about it and laughed but you could tell it was embarrasing for her. I wish I knew how to post pictures cause I would post some from this conference. Keystone was so beautiful! Coming from st george and the low altitude it took us a few days to adjust to the height but it was gorgeous! I got home late wednesday night and then on friday turned around and went to logan to see the family.

While I was home Hollie ended up having her baby and if you are interested her blog is kenadiekelly.blogspot.com. She is doing really well but it was scary their for a while. It was really hard to come home to st George on sunday but I was lucky enough to be able to stop at the hospital and see little Kenadie. She is so perfect and so tiny, she has such an amazing spirit about her.

The following wednesday I had knee surgery. I had torn my meniscus a couple of months prior and decided it was finally time to do something about it. Surgery went well and now I am on crutches and hobbling along. Things are going pretty good. I do have this mysterious red bumbs on my leg that feel like they are on fire but nobody but me seem to be too nervous so......

Other news on the homefront. I got accepted into grad school. I am really excited. I will be working on my masters in human nutrition through Eastern Michigan University and the best part about it is I get to do it all online.

Thats about all from me today. I will try to figure out this picture crap LOL.

2 comments:

Parker Family said...

Wow what a month. I am glad that you are blogging so I can see what is going on with you. I can't believe you are going to grad school. CRAZY! GOOD GIRL

Melissa M said...

Ok so you've been busy so you might have an excuse, but I'm proud of you!!! Next step...PICS!!