Monday, August 11, 2008

A fun weekend at home!!

I was able to make a trip home to Logan this last weekend and it was a lot of fun! Kali and I left on thursday afternoon and I made it to Logan around 8:30 pm. That drive never seems to get shorter... keep dreaming right? Friday I spent the day with my parents running my errands and we stopped in to visit my sister Keri. She is adding onto her house and i was excited to see what it was going to be. I was able to play with her little boys. Here is a picture of little Zach what a cutie!
Then I had to head off to Tremonton for a wedding. I met up with my good friend Michelle who used to live in St George and we spent the rest of the evening catching up. She is an amazing person, I miss her so much! I spent the night at Kali's house in Brigham and got up nice and early to head home to get ready.

Saturday I went with my parents and Hollie to go see Little Kenadie. Oh she is so cute and sweet. I would talk to her through the incubator and she would open her eyes and peek at me. It was so hard to leave the hospital that day because I don't know when I will be back. I admit I did shed a few tears for which Hollie chastised me for :0). I just love that little girl so much and it is hard to be away from my family at times like these. Here is a picture of little Kenadie, she is about 2 1/2 pounds.
Saturday night we had my sister Tammy and her family out for pizza. They had tried to come visit the night before but we were not home. They are so fun! Tammy and I did a little comparing of battle wounds from our knee surgeries and also our horror stories! The rest of the evening was spend just joking around and enjoying each others company.

Sunday came too fast and I was not ready to come back to St George. Mindee and her family came out to visit before I left. She was worried about little Danika because she thought she had diabetes so we checked her glucose and she was ok. What a relief!! I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Our drive home went pretty well till we got to Cedar City. I was driving and don't worry we totally blew a tire. We were in the process of changing it when 2 nice men in their white shirts stopped to help. I felt bad that they had to help us and get all dirty but I guess they did get their service in for the day! I know I will never meet them again but I hope they know just how much I appreciated their help. Prayers really are answered! We ended up having to drive 50 mph the rest of the way...So needless to say our 5 1/2 hour trip turned into a 7 hour trip. But we did make it home safely.

It was a great weekend with my family. I miss them all so much and hope one day I can move back that way. I really have been blessed with such an amazing family who is always so caring and supportive. I thank my Heavenly Father daily for the blessing of such a great family and for their examples. I love you guys!

I guess I should update on my knee. I am off crutches. yea! The mystery of the red bumps is healing up. Now it just looks like a bunch of bruises. Who knows what it was but a round of antibiotics and some heavy steroid cream did the trick. :0)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only chastised you because you brought the tears into my eyes and I have doing so good. :)
I am thankful to have such a great and caring sister, whom we all miss and want you back home.
Glad you made it home safe and sound. I love you!

Anonymous said...

It took Statten about 24 hours before he forgave Paige for your texts. LOL However he still hasn't come over to meet me. We had a wonderful time with you at Mom & Dad's. We miss you alot! ps: It looks like Kenadie was tired of you talking to her...lol Love you lots!

Errin said...

OHH! Your little niece is so precious! It reminds me of Ali when she was born.. but Ali wasn't THAT little at all!

Parker Family said...

Reading your posts makes me miss family. At least you can make the drive home every once in awaile. Mine is 14 hours. Your family is so great.